Submitted: 06-04-2008 by xwarrior26
This is an update of my review from 5/5/2008.
After a couple more phone calls to Rack and Roll they finally addressed the issues to my lock issue by sending me replacement locks. I'm a little peeved that they didn't bother to send instructions to replace them but I did get it figured out myself. Also, I finally received the parts I needed to apply the part required for the recall they announced for the KD trailers. That wasn't too bad to install and they gave their customers some comp stuff to make up for our time and effort which was highly appreciated. My dealer did have to replace a fender that was scratched and cracked when I took delivery of the trailer and when the part finally arrived they discovered that the pre-drilled hole for the lights on the side of the fender were much, much smaller than the original fender hole but that was a pain for the dealer to deal with not mine but still - it's an FYI for those of you that may need to get replacement parts for them. Make sure to ask if the parts are the same circumference, measurements etc otherwise - you'll have to perform "surgery" on your replacement part.

Now that everything is finally done and good to go - I ordered the trailer in March but didn't get it until May - I will have to say that its a great trailer. In my opinion, yeah, it is very expensive but the trailer is made with good material. You get what you pay for....

Here's some tips -

1. The holes where you put the pin in that allows you to join the trailer and tongue needs to be filed down per Rack and Roll. This makes it easier for the pin to be inserted. I just sanded mine down using sandpaper made for metal and a dowel.
  2. Another tip I learned is in order to make it easier for everything, like the pins and locks to fit together you would definitely want to insert the pins in and secure it in place before you lock them down. There's three locks, one to join the tongue and trailer and two to join the wheels and shock absorbers.
  3. Finally, the wiring on the trailer isn't perfect so you'll definitely want to use either electrical tape or even better, liquid electrical tape to protect the exposed wires - not the connectors of course.