Submitted: 03-05-2008 by SH

I recently purchased the Castaway 116 DLX for fishing all over TX. I have taken it out three times a week for the last three weeks and have grown very comfortable with it. It is a good fishing platform...

I like the foot pegs, and crazy as it sounds- the rod holder is far forward, but it works great for trolling by keeping the rod out to the side and out of reach of the paddle. Look, I have read all of the other reviews and have heard all of the "my rear gets wet" comments... That is to be expected with most Sit On Top kayaks anyway! If you want to stay dry, get yourself a Sit Inside model, same price and it is called the Getaway from Pelican. Same features, dry ride.

I've put 30 hours of fishing in two days on the Castaway, and had no problems. Great entry level boat, we'll see what happens when I take it to the Gulf this spring/summer...

Ocean Rodeo Sports: