Submitted: 02-18-2008 by Sharon

I've been paddling regularly -- possibly obsessively -- for four years. I'm female, 5'1", 105 to 110 pounds (depending on the season). Finding a boat that fits has been my holy grail.

After three years paddling a P&H Vela--a lovely boat for someone who has about 30 pounds on me--I sold it and bought an Impex Force 3. I love this boat. The fit is amazingly comfortable and snug. It's fast (as it should be at 17') and the low volume makes for very little weathercocking. It's great in wind and waves, and a pleasure to roll, too.

My only complaints are small: 1. the back rim of the combing (behind the seat) is not flush with the slope of the cockpit, so when you lift the front of the boat to drain it, you can't get all the water out. 2. The bungees on the front deck are far enough away from the cockpit that the small paddlers who will love this boat may have trouble reaching any spare paddles stowed there. I am using my old, too-long paddle (a 210) as a spare, and it's really hard for me to reach even that! Small quibbles about a fantastic boat.