Submitted: 02-01-2008 by Franklin
If youíve taken a week to read the reviews below (kidding, it wonít take that long), you already know about QCCís quality, boat speed, value, blah, blah, blah. Reading the following reviews may make you believe most of these people must work for QCC, but like me, Iím sure they donít.

QCC does not advertise in kayak magazines and it is my opinion that for that reason none of the kayak magazines choose to review their boats (I could be wrong?). QCC has no dealers, no showrooms, no reps. and does not advertise (except on Paddling.net! Rock On!).

At first blush, it would appear that the lack of the above would make purchasing a QCC kayak more difficult, but trust me, it doesnít. Further, by not having dealers, showrooms, reps. and advertising costs, you and I save money. Not bad! But wait, thereís more, by dealing directly with the builder, you gain the privilege of having a boat built just for you (itís a custom boat) and you get to work directly with the owners... pretty cool, I dig it!

We already know from reading these reviews, that their boats are fast, ride waves great, well built, custom, a good value and will carry the world, so I wonít take up too much of your time writing about that. But please know, I love boats; before finding QCC, I bought seven boats in three years. Ever the hopeless optimist, I still go to the Charleston Kayak Festival looking for a boat that does everything as good or better that my 700... I still own my 700 and Iíve been to the Charleston Kayak Festival every year for the past four years. I hope you get the point. Good for QCC.

My story is about their customer satisfaction. Here goes.
There are now seven QCCís in the club I belong and currently one of our members is ordering a boat. That member actually got John Winters (QCCís designer and famous Naval Architect) to respond to his questions, unbelievable (think Tiger Woods responding to your email questions). My 700 is a Carbon/Kevlar ruddered boat. AT NO COST, QCC raised my rudder position and moved the forward bulkhead back making additional room for kayak camping. Over time (the boat is almost four years old) and many saltwater outings, the stainLESS on my QCC started to rust; they sent me two new sets from a different supplier. No questions asked. One member has their old skeg design; they sent him their new design changes. It is important to note that this member bought his QCC USED from another member of our club. One member bought a 700. When it arrived, the foot peg tracks were too far back. QCC said "No sweat" and started building him another 700. He changed his mind and asked for a 500. They built him a 500. The entire time his 500 was being built, QCC allowed him to keep the first 700. When his 500 was delivered, QCC paid to ship his first 700 back to their factory (Iím not making this up!). Another buddy traded a one year old Explorer for a one year old 700 (he canít get the smile off his face now). The hull was delaminated slightly. Remember, he bought a USED QCC. QCC said "No sweat" and is fixing the boat my buddy didnít even buy from QCC. It was a USED boat!

My Carbon/Kevlar 700 cracked behind the seat on both sides, just above the seam. I kayak camp a lot. I carry over 100 pounds of gear on some expeditions. The fully loaded boat is moved from the shore to the water by one man lifting the boat from the bow and one man lifting from the stern. That is a lot of stress on a boat. As I stated, my boat will be four years old in July of í08. QCC said "No sweat" and they are fixing my boat, unbelievable!

I have never worked with a retailer who took such good care of their customers. QCC truly does care and they are proud of the work they do and their boats! Itís been my experience that many talk the talk, but when a problem occurs, their only question usually has been to ask me if my check to them cleared.

These stories tell the tale; QCC never toots their own horn. Few people even know about their "above and beyond" customer service. So Iím tooting! I feel somebody has to talk about their outstanding service!

I consider myself to be the ďAverage JoeĒ, that what is happening to me is also happening to you. If QCC is good to me and my buddies, they will be equally good to you and yoursí! I believe that.
Thank you QCC for my wonderful boat and your awesome service. It truly is unbelievable.