Submitted: 11-05-2007 by deanjunt
I bought a Thule Hullavator a couple years ago, and added a second one this year. I'm a paraplegic, so they're very handy in enabling me to get boats on top of my Ford Freestyle.

The hullavators are a fantastic product, but it is true that they sometimes don't latch in the down position. Another annoyance is that they often whistle while driving at highway speeds with a boat in place. I figured out that the whistle came from wind across the slot for the sliding saddle's adjuster. With a boat in place, there is a venturi effect. When the rack is empty, there is no whistle. Anyway, I fixed the situation by adding grey duct tape between the saddles. It matches the grey hullavators exactly.
Just add duct tape. No more whistle.

I gave the hullavators a 9 because they truly are a great product. There's still room for improvement though.