Submitted: 08-14-2007 by amundsonsr

Have owned my Venus 11 for 3 weeks now, and absolutely love it! I've been using skupper stoppers and have stayed dry. Today was very hot, so I took them out, and still stayed dry! I jumped overboard for a swim, and it was VERY easy for me to climb back on. I can paddle it for hours on end without getting tired, it tracks straight as an arrow, it's faster than all of my friends' kayaks, and it's very stable -- just a blast to own! I have not experienced the water coming in near the side handles, but I haven't been in surf - just some large boat wakes on a fresh water lake. I can take them sideways without tipping! I feel very safe in this kayak. I bought a kayak roller for the roof of my Ford Escape, and I can load & unload my Venus by myself - I'm 5'1" and 120#. Two of my friends have tried my kayak, and they both bought one! Great job on this one, Ocean Kayak folks!!!