Submitted: 07-31-2007 by phoneman
I bought my 1st kayak May 2006. It was and still is a 2004 Drifter. It is all the things that everyone else has said. It is slow, but I'm not in a race; it gets wet, News Flash: you're in water. I have fished inshore and stayed very dry and I have gone off shore and gotten a little wet & soaked, depends on the weather & the waves. The one thing I have not had happen is getting dumped and I have had some BIG wakes come my way from motor boats. It is a very solid yak and I use an ice chest in the tank well for all my gear. And when I catch a big fish I don't get the feeling I'm gonna get pulled over. Its a good yak all around, its just a bit hard to paddle with a strong current or the wind against you because its so wide. If going into the ocean is your thing, this is a good choice.