Submitted: 07-24-2007 by DH

Purchased my T140 from Travel Country in Altamonte Springs in January and have been fishing regularly in the Mosquito River Lagoon, Banana River and Indian River. My experience is consistent with what others have reported.

Pros: Stable, fast, dry (other than the scuppers issue that other large guys have mentioned - solved with foam golf balls) and comfortable for long paddles. The T140 has good maneuverability for a large SOT; I paddled the Little Econ River in May with a group of friends and had no problems steering with paddle only.

Cons: if you are planning to paddle in exposed waters in winds > 10kt, get the rudder kit. The T140 does tend to windvane downwind even in small following seas. Other annoyances include oilcanning forward of the front bulkhead while cartopping (self-corrects within 30 minutes after I take it down). Fortunately I haven't experienced any pinhole leaks and the general fit and finish is good.

Overall I would recommend the T140 to anyone who wants to take up kayak fishing. BTW I was also very pleased with my buying experience at Travel Country - they made a clerical mistake while outfitting my rig but completely honored the terms of the purchase.

Northwater Paddle Sports: