Submitted: 06-02-2007 by JBH

I owned a Sprinter for about 2 years. For a plastic sit on top it is fast and fun to paddle. It works well paddling through the ocean surf and up and down the beach. I did not mount a front hatch because I did not trust a front rubber hatch to hold up crashing through the waves in the surf but the rear hatch has good storage capacity and held up well going through the waves. It has very little rocker and surfing back in with large waves I had problems with it dumping . The cockpit fit me perfectly and the excellent foot pedal system allows you to push on the foot supports and also control the rudder, so I always felt in control in the ocean, except for surfing in. I sold it mainly because I got tired of always sitting in water when I used it in flat water and wanted a little more room for a fast plastic sit on top that I could fish from. I bought a Cobra Expedition which is slower, much slower turning (even with a Feathercraft tandem rudder), but has more storage and access for fishing.