Submitted: 05-14-2007 by Russ J

The first time I ever paddled this boat I howled and then took out my credit card. It was and remains the best boat I have ever paddled. It is stable, fast, manuverable, tough, comfortable, and has good storage and looks great too.

Stability- standing still you have a tippy feeling beacause it moves from the center stability position to the side stability position so easily, but once you get a feel for that it is quite stable. When moving it feels very stable and once you get used to leaning it into its side positions you can turn smoothly and rather nimbley for such a long and great tracking boat.

Fast- a great top speed. Gentle strokes give an easy 4-5 knots and a good hard paddle gives about 7 or so sustainably for me. Very efficient and quiet on the water. This boat likes speed.

Manuverable- I have not yet put on a rudder and while I had planned to add it quickly last year, I found I really didn' need it. This boat has rapidly become a mindless extension of my body so I really don't have to think about turning, it just moves with me. Very nice in a long boat!

Tough- the platic is very rigid. I have managed to scratch it from rocks and dragging but it is a very durable and much stiffer than normal plastic boats.

Comfortable- the padded seats are very comfortable for long trips, there is enough room in the cockpit for you to move your legs around and strech out a bit.

Storage- the storage is very good! Big compartments that seem tight fore and aft and a handy easy access watertight compartment right in fromt. Bungee nets on top. Nice appointments on boat.

Looks great- I saw one once on the water and was impressed. Now I am doing that to people. It is a cool looking boat, I have had a number of other paddlers single me out of a group of boats to complement. (Not me I think, just my boat, but still, it feels good!)

This is a good a boat as you are likely to ever need. I give it a solid 10!

Squid Anchor: