Submitted: 12-01-2006 by just_hooked

We bought this canoe 2 years ago to keep at our cabin in N. Minnesota and for fishing local rivers. It's proven to be a great boat for fishing, although I wish the initial stability was a little better.

We have added sling pads (about $35) for portaging, this makes the canoe feel much lighter than it really is. My 15 year old daughter has no problems portaging the canoe.

For fishing this has proven to be a wonderful boat. The kids like to play with it in the lake because it doesn't tip over, but it still feels tippy.

I've read some reviews where oil canning is a concern and yes it does oil can a little; which is fine by me when dealing with shallow, rock filled rivers. If your looking for a family canoe or a two person sportsmans canoe, I'd say this was good choice.

This is my fourth canoe. I can't part with my 35 year old, 15' Grumman SS. However, the Coleman and Discovery Sport 17 however are no longer around. Not because they were bad boats, but this one fills my needs.