Submitted: 10-31-2006 by InOrlando

My husband and I tried our new Pamlico 145T on the slow Suwanne River near Manatee Springs. The initial stability was outstanding; comfortable seats--second to none. We paddled from Manatee Springs out onto the Suwanee without a hitch. The boat paddled smoothly with surprising speed. Durable, beautiful, sleek, and fast--this one's a keeper. I would've given 10 of 10 for a rating, but there was one caveat: We had hoped to bring our granddaughter alone with us one day, but we realized with this first trip that there was absolutely no room for her 3-year old little body to fit. The salesman ordered a jump seat, but we have no idea where it would fit: We had enough room to paddle comfortably, but the rear seat does not adjust (and there are no footpegs for the rear seat, either). Once I adjusted the front seat all the way foreward, it still wasn't enough room for her to sit in front of me--the foreward paddler--unless I adjusted my stroke to accomodate someone in front of me. We're disappointed, but we won't return it fabulously sexy trandem kayak.