Submitted: 08-10-2006 by Mitch

I bought a Tracer in spring of 2005 and rated it a "9" in a review here in August of the same year. Now, after another year and 30 or 40 more outings, I'll stand by that. The Tracer's still a great value. But I did have a big problem recently: the cockpit combing separated from the cockpit. I practice rolls in this boat, and I've probably done several hundred -- all on the same side, since my skills don't include an offside roll. So I've jammed my right knee upward into the kneebrace that's molded into the combing a few hundred times -- and that's where it separated. It's not difficult or expensive to repair: for $15 worth of epoxy and an hour's labor, it's good as new. Well, maybe better: I don't think the folks at the factory originally got the combing glued in quite as well they should have. I haven't tested my repair job yet, but I still like the boat.