Submitted: 08-07-2006 by unbridledv

I put my hullavator on my vehicle, thinking this would be the most awesome solution for me when i paddle by myself. I am only 5'1", and i have an suv. HOWEVER, as the directions state, you're supposed to see how they work before loading your boat. When I lowered the front hullavator, it locked in the down position and would in no way disengage. I tried everything to get it to release, even called my dealer, but I ended up having to take the front hullavator off the car in the "stuck" position and ship it back to the dealer. I must say, I am very glad I checked it before loading my boat and getting stuck with it that way while I was out. This thing is also massive-looking on the vehicle. I have now gone to the Glide and set system and I use a stool to load and unload. Works just fine, and I don't have to worry about anything locking up on me. I, too, would hope that Yakima comes up with something like the hullavator - but with a better design.