Submitted: 07-27-2006 by timcrock

I have been trying out my 06 kodiak on lakes so far, have not made it to the river yet. I have to say it tracks real straight and does not seem to be bothered much by the wind, I did get the rudder too since I figured why not? it is a nice feature and helps in turning, It is not a boat that makes sharp turns easily at least not for me. The new deck box is nice, gives me a waterproof spot in reach for whatever?

I'm not sure I like the seat back adjustment? there is a small cord between you legs you pull and push into a slot to grip it which moves the back forward. You have to really push it down in to get it to stay and it loosens up.

It moves along real nice! I dont have anyway to see how fast though. If you want a boat to take out on anything from rivers,lakes or ocean and load down with a lot of supplies for a trip this is a good choice, Big hatches and plenty of room. Plus the nets and straps on top as well as the paddlefloat tiedown.

Rudder control footbraces are nice, easy to adjust and offer good support and plenty of area to keep your feet from sliding off. The plastic used is blowmolded and tough but you do have the 62 pounds to deal with. Good handling and stability to me and Im new at this!

I'm real happy with it I give it a 9 for being a real solid boat with quality features designed to be used and not just appear useful. except the seatback adjustment Im sure they will change that!