Submitted: 06-01-2006 by lucycat1

I agree with the review below that the Adventure 16 is a bit tipsy, especially with two men paddling. My brother in law and I tipped for no apparent reason, although I was in the front and could not see what was happening as the canoe tipped over. It could be due to men's higher center of gravity, becasue when my wife and I use the canoe it feels much more stable. You definitely sit higher in this canoe than most others, and once the canoe starts to tip its very difficult to correct or stop. I will probably try the suggestion below of putting some 50lb bags of sand in front and behind the center seat to see if this adds more stability. It is a great solos canoe though and very stable with just one person in the center seat. Other than the stability, I love the comfort and ease of use of this canoe. Anyone else have similar issues, or any other suggestions for improving the stability a bit?