Submitted: 04-10-2006 by Michael

Bought a used 2004 Barracuda a month or two ago for racing (or at least practicing) on rivers here in Texas. I've made two different 23 mile runs on the upper Guadalupe that included 55 sets of rapids and or falls. I've made two differnt runs on the upper San Marcos that included Cottenseed rapids and a lot of trees blocking the whole river. Like I said I bought this boat to have something bomb proof to practice on while there are so many rocks and other hazards exposed on the rivers. I'm thrilled with my purchase. The boat handles beautifully in all the rapids and even going over 2' waterfalls. In places where there were too many rocks to use the rudder or to stick the paddle in for effective steering a simple twist at the waist and the boat edges right through the sharp turns. I too have a Touryak and this boat is far faster and more agile. The secondary stability is incredible. Considering that I knew full well I was buying a plastic boat it has done all I expected. The only complaint I have is that being 6' tall with a 34" inseam, I can just barely get my last foot in the cockpit after sitting down. But, I can get it in! The other complaint which again was a "known" is that it weighs 60#s. So, I'm saving up for the day I can afford and justify a composite kayak. But that purchase wouldn't be able to handle the rocks and boulders any better than my Wenonah Voyager (Kevlar Ultra-light.) Bottom line is that this is the best value, bomb-proof, fastest boat I could find and I love it. BTW, my 14 year old that seldom agrees to go loves it too and he took it through 11 miles of the San Marcos including rapids as well.